Airport taxi rank
gogo
2016-08-18 09:44:25 UTC
I came back from my holidays yesterday and found that the taxi rank
organisation changed again, with a lot more walking through some sort of
labyrinth, until a official-looking person direct you to an office where
you book your taxi. These were all "Edinburgh airport taxis", but when I
got into one, I could see that a bit further away there was another taxi
rank with the usual Black cabs queuing.
Now I don't have a huge preference, but these airport taxis seemed a bit
disorganized, had a longer queue and the driver didn't really seem to
know were he was going. And I think I paid slightly more than usual.
Any opinion on the differences between the 2? And how do you get to the
black cabs? Do you ignore the person directing you to the airport taxis?
Julian Bradfield
2016-08-18 09:49:00 UTC
Post by gogo
Any opinion on the differences between the 2? And how do you get to the
black cabs? Do you ignore the person directing you to the airport taxis?
Unless it's changed again since late July, to get to the black cabs,
the easiest way is to come out of the airport, go towards the car park
building, but turn right through the little shelter before entering
the car park, then follow through round the outside of the building to
find the black cab area. (The reverse of the route you take when a
black cab drops you off at the airport.)
gogo
I see. Thanks. Do you know if they are generally cheaper?
Julian Bradfield
2016-08-18 12:57:03 UTC
Post by gogo
I see. Thanks. Do you know if they are generally cheaper?
No, I don't.