Edinburgh trams fiasco: Salmond orders public enquiry
Zimmy
2014-06-10 13:49:03 UTC
lessons can be learned for the future
That's OK then, should they decide to build a different tram line in
Edinburgh some time in the future.
Or other public authorities interested in tram schemes (or extensions)
can take a look at how not to do it.
"Learning lessons" from previous projects elsewhere doesn't seem to
happen very much. Sadly, people apparently prefer to make their own
mistakes.
"History repeats itself.
Has to.
No one listens." (Steve Turner)
Sam
Saw one coming out of Princes Street the other evening with only 2
people on it (my bus was full), so that's £3 down, £775,999,997 to go.

The Real Doctor
2014-06-12 22:44:09 UTC
Post by Zimmy
Saw one coming out of Princes Street the other evening with only 2
people on it (my bus was full), so that's £3 down, £775,999,997 to go.
The trams I took to Ingliston and back yesterday were full and standing
both ways. Mostly real users rather than awestruck tourists, as far as I
could see. Lots of passengers to/from Bankhead, a few at Ingliston,
bugger all at any other intermediate stops.

Ian