scanners in libraries
Jack Campin
2014-07-02 07:38:08 UTC
I have a (probably unique) 19th century music book I'd like to upload
to the web. I don't have a working scanner at present. Tried my local
library, who do have one, but while their hardware seems pretty good,
the thing uses HP Photosmart software under Windows. Even finding the
image files is nearly impossible and the user interface is so totally
insane I'll never be able to adjust the settings to get the kind of
file I want (which is not 32 meg per page).

Is there an Edinburgh library with a free public scanner connected to
a Mac?

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
gall1
2014-07-13 18:11:28 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
I have a (probably unique) 19th century music book I'd like to upload
to the web. I don't have a working scanner at present. Tried my local
library, who do have one, but while their hardware seems pretty good,
the thing uses HP Photosmart software under Windows. Even finding the
image files is nearly impossible and the user interface is so totally
insane I'll never be able to adjust the settings to get the kind of
file I want (which is not 32 meg per page).
Is there an Edinburgh library with a free public scanner connected to
a Mac?
mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Stills Gallery in Cockburn Street have scanners linked to Macs, it's free but book in advance.