cam.misc
August West
2014-07-15 20:26:18 UTC
The only other part of the UK with a similar combination of a large student
population and a concentration of highly Internet-literate non-students is
probably London, but users of the london.* hierarchy made an early decision
to migrate into uk.local.london.*. Proposals to do the same with cam.* have
always failed to garner any significant support.
As I noted before, the ed.* hierarchy shambles on - I've cross-posted
this to ed.general. I know that I'm not the only person who subscribes
to both here and there!.
Philosophy of science is as useful to scientists as ornithology to birds
Graeme Wood
2014-07-15 20:32:52 UTC
Post by August West
The only other part of the UK with a similar combination of a large student
population and a concentration of highly Internet-literate non-students is
probably London, but users of the london.* hierarchy made an early decision
to migrate into uk.local.london.*. Proposals to do the same with cam.* have
always failed to garner any significant support.
As I noted before, the ed.* hierarchy shambles on - I've cross-posted
this to ed.general. I know that I'm not the only person who subscribes
to both here and there!.
It gives us in Edinburgh no end of amusement to abuse those in Edmonton
when they mis-post.