emailing important organizations
Jack Campin
2016-10-12 23:21:39 UTC
I was in a bus crash yesterday. I'd like to report what happened,
as I know something that nobody else does except the driver, and
also have photos that may be useful.

The only ways I can see to send any information to either Lothian
Buses or the police is by webform, phone or physical post. Neither
of them has any public email address. Email is the only way I deal
with any organization if I have a choice.

Maybe I should burn my photos and a PDF of my report to CD and post it?

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
bert
2016-10-13 10:18:29 UTC
Neither of [Lothian Buses or the police]
has any public email address.
I don't blame them. Any email address visible on
a web page is liable to be harvested and spammed.

Some organisations have a "Contact Us" link on their
web page which lets you send them an email without
knowing its actual destination address.
Sam Wilson
2016-10-13 17:45:52 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
I was in a bus crash yesterday. I'd like to report what happened,
as I know something that nobody else does except the driver, and
also have photos that may be useful.
The only ways I can see to send any information to either Lothian
Buses or the police is by webform, phone or physical post. Neither
of them has any public email address. Email is the only way I deal
with any organization if I have a choice.
Maybe I should burn my photos and a PDF of my report to CD and post it?
I had to make a complaint to Lothian Buses recently. I used the web
site and they immediately emailed back (automatically, I think) a copy
of the form. The message had an apparently usable reply address and a
phone number. They then phoned me a week or so later to say how it was
being dealt with. I suspect it's a reasonably reliable method of
contact.

Sam
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.