Sports physiotherapist
Geoff Pearson
2014-09-12 10:20:53 UTC
My partner has been recommended to have physio for a painful hip problem
that may come from the back. The NHS waiting list is 3 months but it seems
a good sport physio would be fine.

Any recommendations? (east side of city)

Geoff
Sam Wilson
2014-09-12 10:45:28 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
My partner has been recommended to have physio for a painful hip problem
that may come from the back. The NHS waiting list is 3 months but it seems
a good sport physio would be fine.
Any recommendations? (east side of city)
I used FASIC briefly in a similar situation. They seemed fine and
reasonably priced, but I have nothing to compare them with. They are
based in the University of Edinburgh but, at least when was there, not
at all limited to the University community.

Sam
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
The Real Doctor
2014-09-26 22:12:56 UTC
Post by Sam Wilson
I used FASIC briefly in a similar situation. They seemed fine and
reasonably priced, but I have nothing to compare them with. They are
based in the University of Edinburgh but, at least when was there, not
at all limited to the University community.
I used them a year and a half ago, following recommendations here.
They'll treat anyone who can reasonably that the problem prevents them
from taking part in some form of sport. University staff and students
pay less.

Ian

Sam Wilson
2014-09-12 10:45:44 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
My partner has been recommended to have physio for a painful hip problem
that may come from the back. The NHS waiting list is 3 months but it seems
a good sport physio would be fine.
Any recommendations? (east side of city)
P.S.
<http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/sport-exercise/fasic/about-us/in
troduction>
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
Zimmy
2014-09-12 11:50:23 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
My partner has been recommended to have physio for a painful hip problem
that may come from the back. The NHS waiting list is 3 months but it
seems a good sport physio would be fine.
Any recommendations? (east side of city)
Geoff
Are you sure the NHS physio waiting list is 3 months? I only had to wait
a couple weeks a couple of years ago. It's quicker if you say you'll go
to any centre that does physio, not just your local. Otherwise you are
looking £30+ per half hour session for the same physios.

Anyway I've also used FASIC and also ESIC in Juniper Green, both good.

Geoff Pearson
2014-09-13 05:45:21 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
My partner has been recommended to have physio for a painful hip problem
that may come from the back. The NHS waiting list is 3 months but it
seems a good sport physio would be fine.
Any recommendations? (east side of city)
Geoff
Are you sure the NHS physio waiting list is 3 months? I only had to wait a
couple weeks a couple of years ago. It's quicker if you say you'll go to
any centre that does physio, not just your local. Otherwise you are
looking £30+ per half hour session for the same physios.
Anyway I've also used FASIC and also ESIC in Juniper Green, both good.
That's what the GP says - we will check.