Jehovah's Witnesses marketing strategy
Jack Campin
2014-05-06 14:26:13 UTC
There have been Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere round Edinburgh in the
last few days, far more than usual. I just got doorstepped by a young
couple here in Newtongrange, not the usual old people from Dalkeith
who work our street at weekends.

It looks like they're doing a big sales push, flooding the Lothians
with people from elsewhere. Is that the way they usually operate
these days?

I don't actually mind them, they're all fairly pleasant, but this
seems a bit weird.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Windmill
2014-05-10 09:30:35 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
There have been Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere round Edinburgh in the
last few days, far more than usual. I just got doorstepped by a young
couple here in Newtongrange, not the usual old people from Dalkeith
who work our street at weekends.
It looks like they're doing a big sales push, flooding the Lothians
with people from elsewhere. Is that the way they usually operate
these days?
I don't actually mind them, they're all fairly pleasant, but this
seems a bit weird.
Putting on my paranoid hat (seldom far out of reach nowadays) I wonder
if they're really what they seem.

Had a dubious looking couple of guys ask me if the run down Transit van
at the door was mine (it wasn't). One of them waved a piece of
cardboard at me on which was printed POLICE in large letters. Very
unconvincing.
I called the police, who wondered if the pair might be plain-clothes but
seemed unconcerned.
--
Windmill, ***@NoneHome.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m