DAB OFF?
Geoff Pearson
2015-01-16 08:51:23 UTC
Not Dab-it-off the unobtainable stain remover but DAB radio in Edinburgh.
Most of the BBC and Classic FM seem to be off or very weak. Any one know
why?
Graeme Wood
2015-01-16 19:58:14 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
Not Dab-it-off the unobtainable stain remover but DAB radio in
Edinburgh. Most of the BBC and Classic FM seem to be off or very weak.
Any one know why?
I assume that the transmitter has been knocked by the high winds. I have
been experiencing the same problem and reported it this morning. Of
course the information supplied by the fault checked suggests that there
is no fault.
charles
2015-01-16 20:07:49 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Not Dab-it-off the unobtainable stain remover but DAB radio in
Edinburgh. Most of the BBC and Classic FM seem to be off or very weak.
Any one know why?
I assume that the transmitter has been knocked by the high winds. I have
been experiencing the same problem and reported it this morning. Of
course the information supplied by the fault checked suggests that there
is no fault.
I recall a problem with Cambret Hill FM. I had complaints , particularly
about R3 and was told by the Mtce team that there was no problem. I
happened to be passing some weeks later and found that R3 was almost
no-existant at times. A site visit by the team found one dipole hanging by
its feeder cable. The remote monitoring wasn't set up to detect that sort
of problem.
--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
Graeme Wood
You would think someone could just try listening to the wireless...
charles
2015-01-16 21:21:26 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Not Dab-it-off the unobtainable stain remover but DAB radio in
Edinburgh. Most of the BBC and Classic FM seem to be off or very
weak. Any one know why?
I assume that the transmitter has been knocked by the high winds. I
have been experiencing the same problem and reported it this morning.
Of course the information supplied by the fault checked suggests that
there is no fault.
I recall a problem with Cambret Hill FM. I had complaints ,
particularly about R3 and was told by the Mtce team that there was no
problem. I happened to be passing some weeks later and found that R3
was almost no-existant at times. A site visit by the team found one
dipole hanging by its feeder cable. The remote monitoring wasn't set
up to detect that sort of problem.
You would think someone could just try listening to the wireless...
trouble was the maintenance base was too far awaY.
--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
Graeme Wood
2015-01-16 23:16:41 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]
It looks like Craigkelly is operating on reduced power and Braid Hills
is off air.
Geoff Pearson
I couldn't find anyone to report it to.
Graeme Wood
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/radio
Geoff Pearson
2015-01-17 09:41:33 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]
I went to this page and the site it links to yesterday and it said there
were no problems. I still don't see a way to report something. I did send
an email to Good Morning Scotland - but no reply.
Graeme Wood
2015-01-17 12:09:54 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]
You enter your post code in the transmitter checker. It provides a list
of affected transmitters in your area. If the issue is not listed then
use the Problem assistant on the right and select Report a technical
problem with a BBC service, then select Transmitter Fault.
Graeme Wood
2015-01-17 12:10:47 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]
BTW it seems fine again this morning, so I hope that the work they were
doing last night was the cure.
Geoff Pearson
2015-01-17 12:41:50 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by charles
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]
Yes the BBC is back to normal (signal errors down to 3) - Classic FM
continues to burble.
Windmill
2015-01-23 01:02:56 UTC
Post by Geoff Pearson
[...]