where is the wi-fi aerial on a bus?
Jack Campin
2015-02-08 00:02:15 UTC
I often find myself tying to do something with bus wi-fi when the
connection drops. I presume sitting near the signal source would
help. Where (on an LRT bus or a First X95) do they keep the wi-fi
transceiver?

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin
Graeme Wood
2015-02-08 09:20:27 UTC
Post by Jack Campin
I often find myself tying to do something with bus wi-fi when the
connection drops. I presume sitting near the signal source would
help. Where (on an LRT bus or a First X95) do they keep the wi-fi
transceiver?
It is unlikely that the connection is dropping due to the wifi signal
strength. It is more likely that the bus is just not getting a strong 4G
mobile network connection.
Jack Campin
2015-02-08 13:07:45 UTC
Post by Graeme Wood
Post by Jack Campin
I often find myself tying to do something with bus wi-fi when the
connection drops. I presume sitting near the signal source would
help. Where (on an LRT bus or a First X95) do they keep the wi-fi
transceiver?
It is unlikely that the connection is dropping due to the wifi signal
strength. It is more likely that the bus is just not getting a strong
4G mobile network connection.
The bus can lose its connection, but often I see other people
continuing to use it when I can't. I suspect my iPhone 3GS
doesn't have very sensitive reception.

I also seem to get dropouts more often when there are a lot of
younger people on the bus, doing bandwidth-intensive stuff.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin